Convention of Statesmen

ads

Review of Mama Mia



Last Saturday Alvin let me decide what movie would we would see for my birthday. I chose Mama Mia even though I'd already seen it. It is the true measure of the love my husband has for me that he didn't even groan, just bought the tickets and took me to see it again.

Mery Streep, two-time Academy Award winner and recipient of a record breaking 14 Academy Award nominations, completely blew me away. My favorite production numbers were Honey, Honey, Dancing Queen, and The Winner Takes It All. Although I loved the entire movie, those three were definitely my favorite. I have to tell you, I had no idea Meryl Streep could sing like that. I mean, I always knew she was a killer actress, but WOW!

This little clip is when Meryl, who plays "Donna", finds out that the three men she met, independent of one another, one fateful summer are all in her old goat house. All she has to do is lift that trap door:



And Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth, two of my favorite actors, were in the film as well. They did an excellent job too, although Pierce really looks like he's in a lot of pain when he's singing. But he is on key, so . . . it's all good. Stellan Skaarsgard joined them as the third possible father for Donna's daughter.

Although the trailer makes it look like it was all about sex, it wasn't. There were 3 or 4 brief scenes (and I mean "seconds" brief) which I wasn't happy with. But all in all, I loved the movie.

Both times I saw the movie the women in the theater were laughing and enjoying themselves and the men were looking like they wanted to shoot themselves. That added to the enjoyment of the movie for me. The disparity between the two attitudes was so funny. You just know everyone of the men were wishing they were in the theater next door watching The Dark Knight.

Well, there is no doubt my husband loves me.
Review of Mama Mia Review of Mama Mia Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. this is the 2nd one I've read and both were positive, I might have to check this movie out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with my fun-loving daughter on Saturday. We laughed so hard I think I hurt something. It was hilarious. I agree, there were a couple of short, short moments (like the one where Colin Firth made goo-goo eyes at another man)...but otherwise? Two hours of solid fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally fun! I cannot wait to go see it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Glad you enjoyed the show, again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this. I'd seen the play in San Francisco several years ago and the film was perfect. I went to the film twice, each time with a different girlfriend. Each time my husband watched my girlfriends' kids along with ours.

    I can't wait for the DVD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.