Convention of Statesmen

ads

My Day at the Spa

So my husband gave me the most beautiful present. Last Saturday he dropped me off at Remedez, in the University Mall, and told me he'd be back to pick me up in a few hours. Pure bliss, I kid you not. Any guilt I felt on spending money on something like this was melted away by afternoon.

I embarked on what Remedez likes to call the Soothing Escape.

First they gave me an organic foot bath, heaven. Then I off I went for a massage from a wonderful massage therapist named, Autumn. She was incredible. My back hasn't felt this good in a really long time. So the massage, according to their brochure is a personalized massage experience based upon the Elemental Nature philosophy and your favorite Aveda aromas. I chose tangerine. Connect mind and body. Feel tension slip away. Ease sore and fatigued muscles. Reblance and revitalize with massage therapy. I don't know if my mind and body were reconnected, but everything else was delivered as billed for one entire hour. Oh my gosh, when she said she was done I almost cried.

Next was my facial, the Signature Facial, which apparently, restored healthy balance to my skin with a customized facial based on the Elemental Nature questionnaire, personalizing products that cleanse, hydrate and balance my skin through nurturing aromas and rituals. Whatever. All I know is that it too was completely amazing. By this point all the knots were gone from my back, my neck and my shoulders. My brain was no longer racing and I was feeling relaxed, to the point of almost falling sleep. Problem was . . . I'd drunk some water between the massage and the facial. Yeah, you're catching on. I was squirming on the table the last twenty minutes of my one hour facial. Other than that, it rocked!

Oh, but I wasn't done. I was then treated to a manicure and a pedicure. My husband gave me five hours of pampering I won't forget anytime soon. No wonder they won Best of State. Everything was clean and beautifully set up. They were efficient, friendly and good, really good. Autumn, Trista and Amelia literally pampered me until I was more relaxed than I had been in six years.

I waited 44 years for a day like Saturday . . . it was good. Really, really good.

When I went home I did what I always do, a little research . . . about Remedez. I have to say, I'm impressed.
At REMEDEZ, our mission is to create the ultimate beauty and wellness experience. The balance you desire and the tranquility you deserve awaits you at REMEDEZ HairSpa. Imagine your perfect day, today! (They accomplished that!)

REMEDEZ HairSpa is the only AVEDA Lifestyle Spa, Salon and AVEDA Store located in Utah Valley! REMEDEZ has the full compliment of AVEDA products.
So yeah, I'm going to save my money for the Day of Beauty package. A day of nothing to do but breathe and relax. And it includes body polish, one hour massage, signature facial, hand-relieving manicure, pedicure, shampoo and hairstyle, makeup application and lunch. Pampered for six hours and however long it will take me to eat the lunch they provide. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that day! It might be awhile, but I'll squirrel the money away somehow.

Alvin - thank you! I know life's been rough for us lately, but the fact that you would sacrifice to make this day possible for me is huge! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Bloggers, haven't I told you that I'm married to the most amazing man?
My Day at the Spa My Day at the Spa Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, June 19, 2008 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you lieverd!
    You deserve it!
    I do think you are married to the most amazing man, who knows exactly what you need!

    This is what my daughter Cristel does professionally!
    Can you imagine how great I felt when she was still in school and needed to practice all the time...
    Oh yeah, I volunteered! :-)

    Love ya! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like heaven. I had my first ever pedicure a few weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is amazing!

    I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey candace, belated happy fathers day to alvin! anyway, i come to inform you that i quoted your blog today in my blog entry, 17 Teens. What's the RSS of your site? I have a hard time loading it in my celphone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw...I am so jealous. I may take a trip to this very spa when we come out to Utah in July. I think I deserve some pampering, and I don't want to wait for another 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.