Convention of Statesmen

ads

Happy Day!

We received a phonecall from the transplant team at Intermountain Medical Center today. The donor has been found. It is a wonderful woman Alvin and I have known and loved since she was teenager.

When Alvin was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago with the odd infection, Tara came to visit us, she's my visiting teacher. When she was a teenager she and a friend became very close to us. I was her Young Womens President and she was one of my Laurels. We fell in love with her husband when she brought him to us as her boyfriend. They married, he joined the military and is now in Iraq. The tremendous sacrifice and gift of life they are giving us is immeasurable. I ask at this time that you keep them in your prayers that the windows of heaven open up and pour blessings out upon them so innumerable as to overwhelm them. She is giving Alvin the gift of life and I shall forever be in her debt for giving me more years with my husband.

We are so excited we can hardly stand it. The transplant will be in April and Alvin is 8 pounds down on the 20 he has to lose. We've cut out all the pop . . . I miss my Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew but I shall persevere, for the sheer love of my husband. We're exercising and doing our best. As soon as he hits that 20 lbs. down mark they'll calendar the surgery.

Happy, happy day!
Happy Day! Happy Day! Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 Rating: 5

10 comments:

  1. There's not even a word to fully express how WONDERFUL this is! I am so so so happy for you and Alvin.

    As a side note, if you are interested in some good fat burning recipes, go to your local library and see if they have the book "The Formula: A Personalized 40-30-30 Fat-Burning Nutrition Program." If they don't have it, let me know and I'll let you borrow mine. When I followed it, I lost about 15lbs in about a month maybe it was 6 weeks, I forget, it was 4 years ago, but I'm starting to do it again and I'm down 3 lbs. - maybe it will be helpful for the 20 lbs Alvin needs to lose.
    My prayers will continue to be with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Candace. How wonderful! Alvin must be so thrilled. Best wishes--April is coming up sooner than you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo tender. You know, giving up the pop is going to help you be so much more healthy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such wonderful news, Candace! As I read this, tears came to my eyes. I want you to know that I will include this compassionate, kind-hearted young woman and her family in my prayers, as well yours.

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you one and all. We're so excited we can hardly stand it! And grateful, oh you can't imagine how incredibly grateful we are to our Father in Heaven and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, Candace! That young woman is a saint. I hope her husband will be safe and come home soon.

    Tell Alvin good luck with the weight loss. Try tilapia as a lean meat. It's a very mild flavored white fish. Just broil it with a little lemon pepper or Mrs. Dash. And it's relatively inexpensive, for fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cried when I read this. What great news! What a loving sacrifie for Tara and her husband to make. Best of luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best post that I'll read all day. That's great news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.