Convention of Statesmen

ads

I'm Woodsy, Baby!

I went to this great party at Tristi Pinkston's house the other night, okay it was probably four weeks ago. It was a Signature Fragrance Urban Botanic Party and it rocked! You can take a test that helps you determine your fragrance personality. Here's what it said about me!
As a Woodsy, you are a very strong, independent person with great dignity. You know what you want and go for it. You are a very quick thinker and because of that, you may often talk very fast. You are bold, powerful, and have what it takes to get a task done. You're a strong, silent, nature lover and care deeply about the environment.

Although Woodsies are very ambitious and aggressive with their goals and dreams, they are very compassionate, loving, and faithful. They're the most honorable people you can find. Although Woodsies can be skeptical when someone approaches them with an opportunity to participate in a humanitarian or environmental cause, once they've decided it's valid, they'll stop at nothing to help out.

Because Woodsies know exactly what they want, other people can find them intimidating and may feel insecure around them until they get to know them. That's when they realize they're the most fair-minded and non-judging people. Employees love Woodsies because they know exactly what's expected of them. Grandchildren love Woodsies because they have incredible patience, especially as they mature. They're also very big-hearted and gentle.

Woodsies love to find excuses to be out in nature. They're very in-touch and because of this they can be the ultimate mediators. They are harmonizers and healers. People are naturally attracted to Woodsies when they need mentoring or advice, because they know the Woodsy's ultimate goal is peace. Woodsies love to keep progress charts and lists for their goals. This is how they break things down in order to achieve what they want in life.

Although Woodsies do like power, they won't tolerate unfairness and genuinely try to see other people's point of view. They're great leaders and have a protective nature. Because they are so strong-minded and know what they want in life, they generally do well in high positions of business or politics. They can bring great ideas, insight, and inspiration to the world.
This party was so much fun that I had one myself last night. I invited some of the best women I know and had a serious "girls' night" that more than filled the well within. We made our own signature fragrances. I now have one called "Imagine" and one called "Ceecee's Moonlight." Oh yeah, I'm special. Anyway . . .

You'll notice I talk about "filling the well within" a lot. This is something I have come to believe in. It is critical to the health and well-being of every single man, woman and child on this planet we call Earth. Whether it be a hike in the mountains, a day at the beach, gardening, night out with the girls or boys, a day at the temple, or simply curling up on the couch with a quiet house, a good book and nothing but time to read, it's important that we do this on a regular basis.

If we don't, life starts to overcome us and quickly we become bogged down in the chaos of life in the 21st century. This can damage our spirits, emotions, psychological health and our physical health, the consequence of which can be catastrophic.

So, at least once a month, be sure to take some time to "fill the well within." Once a week be sure to go on a date with your spouse, significant other or a good friend. Find something that brings peace and clarity to your mind and visit that thing or place often. Develop hobbies that make you happy. And above else, go back to church. Develop a testimony of the Savior and live your life accordingly.

I can promise you if you do this, life becomes much smoother and easier to navigate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a link to one of my old blogs that might fit in with this as well: The Spiritual Garden. Also, Filling the Well Within When its Been Sucked Dry is probably appropriate as well. Enjoy!

At the bottom of my righthand column I have added links to all my old blogs that were posted when I working for www.families.com and posting in their LDS section. It was interesting to read back over them and see where I was before IT all began.
I'm Woodsy, Baby! I'm Woodsy, Baby! Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, August 23, 2007 Rating: 5

8 comments:

  1. Candace, thanks so much for hosting the party. I had a wonderful time. It was great to meet your friends and family. They created some really yummy fragrance recipes.

    Karlene
    Urban Botanic Fragrance Designer
    Visit my UB blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlene,

    Thanks so much for enjoying my friends and family. The women who joined us last night are some of the greatest women I know. When I finally fell into bed about midnight I had a smile on my face and I smelled really good to boot!

    Can't wait to hit the next party! I want to make a special perfume for my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, I am so glad that you had a good party. I am a woodsy as well. I love all of my Urban Botanic fragrances! Great stuff, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra,

    Yeah, it's absolutely awesome. I can't wait for the next party. I want to make something special for my husband too. So I have two recipes stewing in my mind for the next party I'm going to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about having one of these parties for about a year and have just never followed through on it. I don't usually do parties but these sound like a blast. Everyone I've told has been interested. I might just have to do one sometime soon. Thanks for sharing, Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it, Karen. I was so much fun I couldn't believe it. And I absolutely LOVE have my own fragrance that suits me to a T.

    Just click on Karlene's link above and she can get you set up. She's the Mom of the woman who founded the company and she rocks! Plus she used to own Rosehaven Publishing, so she's a lot of fun to talk to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace-
    well whaddya know I'm a floral.

    My husband was looking through my blog and the people who posted on it. After he looked at your blog he recognized your husband and your last name. They used to work together at Provo Canyon School. Tell Alvin that Paul Verbecky says hi!

    Small world huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - no kidding it's a small world. I'll tell Alvin, he'll be so happy. How bizarre to have found you the way I did and then found our husbands worked together.

    Thanks for dropping by -- floral. Cool, I know exactly what you're like. One of dearest friends, Debb Tuttle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.