Convention of Statesmen

ads

What do I love most about Jesus Christ?


When I pause to think what I love most about Jesus Christ, this quote comes to mind.
"We come to this world in many colors, shapes, sizes, and circumstances. We don't have to be rich, tall, thin, brilliant, or beautiful to be saved in the kingdom of God--only pure. We need to be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ and keep His commandments. And we can all choose to do that regardless of where we live or what we look like."

(Clate W. Mask Jr., "Standing Spotless before the Lord," Ensign, May 2004, 93 )
So here I will list the things I love most about Jesus Christ:
  • He is no respecter of persons. What does this mean? Exactly what the quote says above, we need to only be pure in spirit and body, not perfect, but pure, in order to return to His presence.
  • Jesus Christ, as the Son of God, descended from His heavenly throne and came in the meridian of time into a mortal body. He lived the mortal experience, going one-on-one with Satan, on more than one occasion. He loved us so much that He willingly entered the Garden of Eden and suffered for all of mankind. Although He asked for that bitter cup to be removed, He submitted to the will of the Father and fulfilled His mission as the Savior for all mankind. Because of Him we will live forever. Because of Him we have the opportunity to reach the highest of eternal rewards.
  • He loves us. He really, really loves us. If you can imagine the greatest love you have experienced in mortality, whether from your parents, a sibling, a spouse or a friend, times that by a billion and you will have an inkling of the unconditional love the Savior has for each of us. He knows every hair on our head. He knows our wants and desires. He knows our fears and worries. He knows our trials, tragedies, triumphs and joys. He knows YOU. This I absolutely love.
  • Jesus Christ still pulls for us in every way. He is our advocate. He wants us to succeed and has placed everything on the earth that will that path visible to our physical and spiritual eyes. He has restored the gospel and continues to reveal truths to His living prophet. He has not left us alone.
Really, all I can say is I long for the day when I will gaze upon His face once again. I long for that day when He will gather me in His arms and I hope, beyond all hope, that I will hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
What do I love most about Jesus Christ? What do I love most about Jesus Christ? Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, July 19, 2007 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Hi lieverd!
    In my most difficult moments in life, I never felt alone, and always felt loved. Not by other people, but by Him. I am blessed.
    Love,
    Marja X

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is amazing, isn't He? Where would be in life without the sacrifices Jesus Christ made and how would make it through without the tremendous love He blesses with on a daily basis?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.