Convention of Statesmen

ads

Review of "High Noon" by Nora Roberts

Nora Roberts is one my favorite writers, bar none. With her lyrical style of writing, her incredible ability to create characters we can laugh, cry, love and cheer on and the stories that flow from her mind . . . yeah, you guessed it. I'm a huge fan.

High Noon is another in a long line of novels written by Nora Roberts. I was there bright and early on that Tuesday morning (that's the day of the week books hit the shelves) at my local Barnes and Noble to pick up my copy. Then, like the Harry Potter book, I had to wait until I was done with work, housework and taking care of my husband before I could settle in.

Nora Roberts takes us into the hearts and lives of a Hostage Negotiator and the man who steals her heart in High Noon. Very soon, it becomes obvious that Police Lieutenant Phoebe MacNamara has been targeted by a criminal who is always one step ahead. She must find out who he is before he kills one more person she loves. The plot twists and turns that then ensure . . . Oh yeah, I gave this book two thumbs up . . . hey, maybe I should find my own graphic of that. Sorry, I digress.

High Noon was well-paced, well-written and thoroughly enjoyable. Sadly, even with 467 pages, it was over too soon. Add it to your library, you'll be glad you did. I know I slipped it onto the shelf, right next to the rest of her books.

Review of "High Noon" by Nora Roberts Review of "High Noon" by Nora Roberts Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I used to like her, but the majority of her books are too explicit. I loved her Tears of The Moon series (well, at least the first book). I really wish she could leave that stuff out -- they would be just as good if not better.

    Loved the Harry Potter book! I finally finished it today (had to wait for a free volume...lol)
    Would that we could all be Billionaire writers??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she has become quite explicit which is why I call her a page skipper. Fortunately, she's nothing on Cherry Adair and Christine Feehan, who I have stopped reading for that very reason.

    Here, here on the billionaire write comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.