Convention of Statesmen

ads

If you had thirty minutes with God, what would you ask?

I was driving to Logan for the charity book signing I mentioned in an earlier blog. On the way, since I was by myself, I had a lot of thinking time. In the process, I was hit with a blinding flash for my next book.

From the time I was a child (no, that's not me --- just an incredibly beautiful picture) I began compiling a list of questions for God for the day I would get to have a sit-down with Him. If I asked questions no one could answer then those questions would go on my mental list. As I have grown older and studied the gospel of Jesus Christ more, most of those questions have been answered and now I am left with only three.

This is the premise of my new book. I am asking everyone I know, and don't know, to tell me what they would ask God if they had thirty minutes with Him. I've had some great feedback and am in the process of framing the book. I want to know what women, men, teenagers and children would ask God if they had that thirty minutes.

So now I ask you . . . if you had thirty uninterrupted minutes with God what would you ask Him?
If you had thirty minutes with God, what would you ask? If you had thirty minutes with God, what would you ask? Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, July 22, 2007 Rating: 5

10 comments:

  1. That is a darling picture.

    I'm still thinking about this question, and haven't solidified anything. I'll get back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that little girl beautiful? From the moment I saw that picture I thought to myself, "This is what it's all about."

    Can't wait to get your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given this some serious thought. I wouldn't want to waste God's time, and I wouldn't want to ask something that I need to experience in order to fulfill His plan for me. Everything I came up with was along those lines, and I felt that asking would detract from His purposes.

    So, my question would be, where do I stand with Him? Is He pleased with me, in what ways is He not pleased with me, and what do I need to work on in order to be fully right with Him?

    These are also answers I can get through prayer, but I tend to need things spelled out for me in very small letters in order to understand them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very important to remember that Heavenly Father expects us to ask Him anything in our hearts, minds or spirits. So many people have misunderstood this question. Remember He is our Father, there is no question (to quote President John Taylor) that is too unimportant for our Father in Heaven to answer.

    I believe this is something that is holding so many people back from receiving revelation and gifts of spirit . . . I'm beginning to see, with the response of all the questions which have been sent to me, this book is very necessary.

    Thanks so much, Tristi. You've helped me to understand what will drive the motivation of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ask Him questions every day during my scripture study and journaling time, lasting anywhere from 30 min to over an hour. Different days have different questions. But the ones that comes up the most are:

    What do you want me to do now?

    What is the overall theme/mission of my life?

    I do fine if I'm pointed in the right direction, but I often spin around and around trying to figure out which direction I'm supposed to be heading in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughts on this Karlene. The whole idea for the book is really coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this picture. My baby is bi-racial and I often lament the fact that there are no one-on-one pictures of the Savior with children of ethnic backgrounds, they are always group pictures.

    My question, "What is it that I am not learning from my current situation that the lesson has to keep going and going?" Or at least tell me if I am headed the right way to getting the lesson and/or doing what I was sent to do.

    Or I might ask how to best help my wayward son and his family to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great questions, Sandra. I will address them in my book. Thanks for dropping a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The personal questions are nice, but I'm going to take another spin on it.

    How EXACTLY did the creation happen?

    How do dinosaurs and evolution fit in? What was the mechanism used (what exactly did the priesthood do to organize the elements)?

    The creation has always been something that fascinated me, and since I'm the kind of person who likes to know how things are done, I would want to know all the details like this.

    Of course, the explanation would likely take over 30 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andy,

    Great questions and ones that will definitely be included in the book. Just an FYI -- nothing will be included in the book that does not have an answer to the question.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.