Convention of Statesmen

ads

The Sins of the Father

Are the sins of the father visited upon the head of the son? I say no. To each of us it is required to make our own decisions and accept responsibility, and consequence, for them. We too often pigeonhole everyone and in so doing miss great alliances which may be formed. Point in case: Ron Paul and Senator Rand Paul. There's no denying I am not a fan of Ron Paul, although I agreed with him on many points the ones we didn't agree on were pretty significant. 

Now take Senator Rand Paul's filibuster the other night. It energized the Republican base and even sparked some deeper thought in some Democrats. But many won't give Rand Paul the props he deserves because of his father. And in fact, many attacked him for standing for the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendment rights of every American citizen. They became lost in the fact that the filibuster happened during the John Brennan hearing and didn't realize it was about the core of what makes America great. For nearly 13 hours Rand Paul stood in dress shoes, unable to take a break, sit down or tend to personal needs, and he spoke of the greatness of America. If you listened you were treated to one of the greatest explanations of due process and how our government works presented by Senators Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and the man paying the price, Senator Rand Paul. We have a gamechanger here. Finally there are some in the U.S. Congress who are publicly standing for the U.S. Constitution: Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio (at times), Chris Stewart, Trey Goudy, Jason Chaffetz (at times), Orrin Hatch (randomly), and a few others. 

It is up to the American people to take the next step, but if we refuse to do so because I supported Mitt Romney and you supported Ron Paul or Rick Santorum or Newt Gingrich, or Michele Bachman, we will irrevocably lose the opportunity to restore free enterprise and the Republic to which we have pledged our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor. Can we shake off the shackles of militancy and unite in this grand cause?

Will you join me in this cause? I have found an organization that is going to take Left's gameplan and turn it on its ear. We have the tools and technology. We have the know how. And believe me when I say we have the heart, we do. I have aligned myself with them because I recognize that we must unite and return civility to the conversation. As conservatives of all parties we can, and will, find common ground, but we must be willing to shake off the shackles that have divided us and stand shoulder to shoulder once again. I invite you to contact me ces@candacesalima.com and let's unite in this grand cause of restoring America.


Copyright 2013. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

The Sins of the Father The Sins of the Father Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, March 09, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.