Convention of Statesmen

ads

Latest Articles by Candace Salima on US Daily Review

Here are some of the latest articles I've written on US Daily Review. I am a Senior Contributor now. As such, I have a Monday editorial column, and weekend book and movie reviews. Enjoy!

MOVIE CORNER: The Odd Life of Timothy Green
by Candace Salima, US Daily Review Senior Contributor

The Odd Life of Timothy Green is absolutely brilliant. Engaging. Funny. Heart wrenching. It is sure to be another blockbuster hit for Walt Disney.

Movie: The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Directed by: Peter Hedges
Starring: Jennifer Garner, Joel Edgerton, and CJ Adams
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 Hour, 44 Minutes

It is always so fun to go to a premier of a movie, and this one was no exception. Last night Disney Radio was there in full force. Entertainment. Games. All good fun, but what I was really there for was to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Part of me really wanted to see it, the other part of me was worried it would be boring. It wasn’t. -- Read More


Mitt Romney made my day on Saturday when he announced Congressman Paul Ryan as his running mate. In an article I’d already written for US Daily Review, I talked of the natural born clause of the U.S Constitution. I talked about what the Founding Fathers intended, and I talked about my own interpretation of natural born. I knew from the responses to the article that many Americans didn’t agree with me, and as such, I feared that Mitt Romney might also fudge that as well and choose Marco Rubio. However, Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan who fits every constitutional requirement for POTUS, which I believe the vice-presidential candidate must fit.

Looking at the Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan team, I see a constitutionally sound team, known for fiscal responsibility, responsible government and a team that supports the entrepreneur, the small business man or woman, the idea that America provides the opportunity, and Americans, real Americans, take that opportunity and make it stand up and sing. -- Read More

MOVIE CORNER: Total Recall
by Candace Salima, US Daily Reviewer Senior Contributor

Total Recall is fast-paced, dark, and Hollywood predictable.


Movie: Total Recall
Director: Len Wiseman
Starring: Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessie Biel
Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 118 Minutes
Website: www.welcometorecall.com

I have to admit, I was very intrigued to see Total Recall with people who could actually act. And Len Wiseman’s Total Recall does not disappoint. The world, as per Hollywood’s usual vision of the future, destroyed itself until only two colonies are left. The British Empire and The Colony, which seems to be disproportionately populated by Orientals. However, that’s neither here nor there.

The citizens of The Colony who work in the British Empire, enter this contraption every day that takes them through a hole straight through the Earth to dreary jobs on the other side of the world. Colin Farrell plays one such character, Douglas Quaid, who suffers from troubling dreams. Dreams that turn out to be reality, and his every day, hum drum life the fantasy. -- Read More

Religious Bigotry Alive and Well in America
by Candace Salima, US Daily Review Contributor

Having been raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I am well aware of the thriving industry of religious bigotry in America. But even I didn’t realize how bad it had become until I became the “face” of a new documentary entitled Divided We Stand, Rising Above Religious Intolerance. This documentary centers on interviews with multiple, nationally recognized bigots, as well as proponents of religious tolerance such as FoxNews’ contributor Hugh Hewitt and Judge Roy Moore, he of 10 Commandments fame. However, there was nothing in the documentary that shocked me, having been a target of religious intolerance my entire life.

Candace Salima and Kevin Price (Publisher/Editor of USDR) Discuss Religious Intolerance

Being a marketer, I immediately began establishing a social media presence for the documentary. And that’s when I began to realize how truly vitriolic the religious debate had become. Inaccuracy and deceit reigned supreme as I created Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as a website, blog etc., you know the routine. Once I began that process the vitriol reached heretofore unseen levels in my life. Not realizing my faith, many people spewed hate, vulgarity and falsehoods in an effort to discredit one candidate or another. Oh yes, the heady mixture of politics and religion caused many to completely lose their minds, not mention their sense of decorum. -- Read More

Copyright 2012. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
Latest Articles by Candace Salima on US Daily Review Latest Articles by Candace Salima on US Daily Review Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, August 16, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.