Convention of Statesmen

ads

You Can Focus on Poverty or You Can Focus on Life

US Daily News
Posted 22 August 2011

by Candace E. Salima, Contributor, US Daily Review

Apparently, because I don’t whine and cry and use my poverty stricken childhood as an excuse to be a failure in life, I am mistaken for a woman who has lived a charmed life, even born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Nothing could be farther from the truth, but I’m still not going to dwell on it. It does me no good, other than give me the impetus to live my life as my mother did.

Although we had very little growing up, that was not the focus my mother chose to have. Instead, she taught us to read, write and speak proficiently before we ever entered kindergarten. Instead of focusing on how little food was on the table, my mother chose to fill the dinner table with laughter and love. And although she worked full-time, as did my biological father, she always took time to read to us every night, first from the James Herriott series, and then the scriptures.  Read the full article at US Daily Review




Great place to find textbooks for good prices.



Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
You Can Focus on Poverty or You Can Focus on Life You Can Focus on Poverty or You Can Focus on Life Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 22, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.