Convention of Statesmen

ads

Liberal Response to the Loss of American Heroes

I'm pretty active on Twitter now, because I can directly follow so many of the news sources, not to mention our elected officials (all of Congress as well as Barack Obama) as well as gauge the response from Americans, coast to coast. As such, I clicked on a Huffington Post link about the loss of thirty of our brave Navy SEALs and read through the article. It was rather convoluted, but where my disgust and revulsion came in was when I was reading through the 10,000 plus comments.

Here's one, as an example:
AndyWright68 -"Why to go tyrants! Keep that body count climbing! Your supporters are ready to run to the polls to keep the human slaughter chugging along! Hooray, statism!"
I copied it exactly, so the spelling errors are his, not mine. However, the comments ranged from this to utterly horrible, to incredibly ignorant.
Voltaire911 How is the freedom of Americans threatened by barefoot goat herders in Afghanista­n?
For myself, I am greatly saddened by the loss of our American soldiers, heroes in my mind. I have prayed, day and night, for the families, friends, and team members. So I posted my own response to the Huffington Post article. And of course, the responses to my response began being added, you can well imagine how they went. The Huffington Post limits how long your response can be, as do all other papers, so I didn't get to include the entire comment, I am adding the rest here: 
My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones and friends of the men who died in Afghanista­n. It breaks my heart to lose even one American soldier, let alone 30. These soldiers leave their families, homes, and jobs and travel where they are ordered.

Navy SEALs, in particular­, are highly trained to operate in a number of scenarios and are amongst the toughest men in the world. Navy SEAL Team 6 is not comprised only of 5 to 10 men. It is a unit with multiple teams within it, often serving in different parts of the world at the same time.  

It is apparent to me a quick history lesson is needed. On September 11, 2001 America was attacked. Over 3,000 civilians were killed when hijacked planes flew into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon early that fall morning. Osama bin Laden, the leader of Al Qaeda, quickly claimed responsibility. Arabs danced and celebrated in the streets, including the streets of America. 

George Bush issued a warning to Afghanistan and the world, "Turn over Osama bin Laden. If you are not with us, you are against us." The first weekend in October 2001, America invaded Afghanistan and brought the full weight and might of the American military, the greatest military force in the world, down upon Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden slipped away, as he was wont to do, and left his forces to die at the hands of the American military. The Taliban sided with Al Qaeda and the U.S. military toppled their government.  

The Taliban was a brutal and vicious government. Women were, and still are, horribly abused by those who should protect and love them. They are brutalized daily and the liberal left embraces those animals and calls America the aggressor. The Taliban made their bed, now they had to face the consequences. It wasn't pretty. 

Where we ran into trouble was when we turned our military from the greatest fighting force in the world, to nation builders and hamstrung them in the war zone. When Barack Obama became president, God save us, he immediately issued the order that our soldiers were not to shoot first, they were to read the Miranda Rights to the enemy. At every quarter, Obama restricted what our troops could do, but refused to bring them home. 

With all that being said, it breaks my heart to read, or hear, any American cheering the loss of these soldiers lives. They are sons, brothers, uncles, husbands, and fathers. They have family and friends who love them, and whose lives are now torn apart--nev­er to be fully healed. They need our support, not our ridicule or vitriol.

I ask that you remember these Navy SEALs are Americans who laid their lives on the line for you. They fought for their country and to keep their families safe. You are the recipient of that love and loyalty to country and family. They are gone, and it would be better to pray for those left behind than ridicule why they are there.
I am not one who can ever understanding disdain or hatred toward the U.S. military. For me, they are heroes. Brave men and women who daily lay their lives on the line in order to preserve the U.S. Constitution and America. They fight for each other, per one soldier, and to keep their families safe. Largely, they have a devotion to the Corp and America rarely paralleled by any other in this great nation.

So I close with this, let us be grateful for them, pray for them and their loved ones, and live our lives worthy of the great sacrifice they've made:


Greater love hath no man than this, that 
a man lay down his life for his friends. 
(New Testament, John 15:13)

They fight, and die, so that we might have the liberty and freedoms we enjoy here in America. Those very liberties and freedoms are under attack. So as our military goes into harms way, 24/7, let us, at minimum, become an actively, anxiously engaged citizenry, protecting the U.S. Constitution and our nation here at home while they fight abroad.

It is the very least we can do.

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
Liberal Response to the Loss of American Heroes Liberal Response to the Loss of American Heroes Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, August 07, 2011 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. I'm not American, but I think of American soldiers as heroes. Afghanistan has been horrible to women and I was all for the U.S going in and freeing women from their prison.

    I'm sorry that so many lives were lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.