Convention of Statesmen

ads

We Must Rise to the Call

Vitriol is rising to alarming levels between political parties, religions, and between those supporting different candidates. As these levels continue to rise I am struck by the knowledge that in dividing us the liberals will have to do very little to defeat us. We must put aside our differences if we hope to save America and restore the Constitutional Republic we all hold so dear. Will you rise to the call, or wallow in manufactured hate?

As the 2012 campaign cycle begins, the hate is already bubbling to the surface. We have Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Allen West, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul and more, and already the lines are dividing and instead of sticking with issues, the name-calling, ridicule and animosity toward each other is already escalating and we are eighteen months away from the actual election. Tell me why, when we all have the same goal in mind, to restore a constitutional republic, are we fighting amongst ourselves this way? Why can we not allow each other to support the candidates we wish, stick to the issues, allow with equanimity that we will not agree. However, we must all come behind the candidate which emerges the winner and insure Barack Obama is defeated.

With the battle between Islam and the World, instigated by Islam, raging ... we have Americans siding against Israel at all costs. Israel who is our friend and ally, is being turned on by Christians. I am stunned. Whether we continue the funding to them or not is beside the point. What I am startled by is the vitriol spewing forth from the mouths of those who profess to follow Jesus Christ. He has, in the Holy Bible, so many times, identified Israel as His chosen people. Who are we, His followers, to second guess our Lord and Redeemer? Again, we may have our difference whether to support Israel or not, but must the name-calling and growing malevolence be allowed to continue? Not if we wish to stand with God in this matter.

Most of all, I call to Christians of all sects and say to you, we all accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Redeemer. Can we not gather around Him and look to what must be done. For I say to you, hate is not of Jesus Christ. Never has been, and never will be. If we, as Americans, do not stand together we will utterly fail. And can you cross from this world into the next, face the Founding Fathers, and tell them that you let hate and differences of no consequence cost you America. I cannot. In fact, I refuse to allow that to happen.

So I will rise to the call. I will stand as an American, a Latter-day Saint and as a Conservative and I will fight for America. I will do all I can, within my means and within the bounds of the rule of law, to preserve this nation as she should be preserved, as she has a right to be preserved. For she is the greatest country in the world, bar none. She must survive. The alternative is unthinkable.


Copyright 17 May 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
We Must Rise to the Call We Must Rise to the Call Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.