Convention of Statesmen

ads

A Theme for Valor Publishing Group?

Many people have suggested my publishing company, Valor Publishing Group, adopt this song as our theme. The best rendition I've ever heard of this song was sung by Brian Stokes Mitchell when he performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra. Awe inspiring, to say the least! As far as Valor Publishing Group is concerned, what are your thoughts?

(If you cannot see the video, click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QulZm9KID8 to view it directly on YouTube.)



The Impossible Dream
from MAN OF LA MANCHA (1972)
music by Mitch Leigh and lyrics by Joe Darion

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Deep within my heart, the mission and purpose of Valor Publishing Group is to seek out authors wherever they may be who have written manuscripts worthy of publishing and throwing our all into promoting. We adhere to standards in content and writing I have set for every author we accept. In addition, Valor Publishing Group has company policy that demands the best from each of us. I do not fear, nor have I ever, taking on a lion of immense proportions if I know my cause is just.

Because of this, it seems people who have come to know my company and me believe The Impossible Dream personifies everything in which I believe.

So what are your thoughts? Yes? No? And why?

Copyright 2009. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

Share on Facebook
A Theme for Valor Publishing Group? A Theme for Valor Publishing Group? Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. Cool! :) it is my favorite rendition as well, but Robert Peterson takes a very close 2nd. Just a sidenote - his name is actually Brian Stokes Mitchell, and his nickname is "Stokes". Cheers - MoSop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. There are a couple ways to perceive it's meaning, especially if you've never seen The Man of La Mancha.

    1. You will fight to the end when you know your cause is just and let history be the judge of how worthy your efforts were.

    2. You're tilting against windmills

    Like I stated, I'm a fan of the somg, it fills me with inspiration and encouragement to push on when everything around me tells me to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this song is a great summary of your purpose and your efforts, your quest. May God bless you in them. God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.