Convention of Statesmen

ads

In Memory of September 11th

September 11, 2001 was a dark, tragic day in America. We were attacked by cowards who hijacked planes and flew them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and would have hit the White House had the passengers of United flight 93 hadn't taken matters into their own hands and brought that plane down in Pennsylvania.

I know there are those out there who entertain insane theories that America attacked itself. How Osama and his cowardly crew of pathetic jihadists must laugh hysterically to themselves that anyone could be so mistaken.

What I remember of that day is over 3,000 people died on American soil. I remember heroes racing into those burning buildings to save as many as they could. I remember some of those heroes dying in the process of performing their jobs. I recall a nation who wept and firmly resolved to hunt those responsible and bring them to justice. I recall a president, but a scant nine months in office, who stood at Ground Zero and promised that this would not stand.

President Bush warned Americans, as we called for justice, that it would be a long, hard fight because were not fighting a common enemy. We were not fighting another nation, but cowards gathering under the umbrella of a the radical wing of a religion. As such, our enemy would come from many nations. President Bush made the decision to move that battle to the Middle East and keep it off American soil. He and his administration worked hard to keep us safe. If you knew how many attacks have been foiled you would be stunned. There used to be a website that kept track of terrorist attacks worldwide, whether they were successful or not, but I can no longer find it. The URL I had is no longer active and that is a shame. It kept me aware of all times how blessed we were to live in this great nation.

Now liberals want to take this tragic day in our history which also celebrated the strength and courage of the American spirit, and turn into a yearly celebration of the Green movement. I am horrified, beyond all belief, that anyone would entertain this.

And so, a movement has swept across the nation. September 11, 2001 will be a national day of fasting and prayer. This is not without precedent in America.
During the Revolutionary War, Congress appointed a Day of Fasting & Prayer to call upon God, and plead for His Providential aid. The fasting and prayers of three million Americans were answered as the power of God enabled them to win battles they otherwise shouldn't have won and gave them strength to defeat their enemy.

Today, we too are in need of miracles for this great nation. We invite you to join us as we call upon God again through Fasting & Prayer on September 11, 2009, to help us secure and preserve our Faith, Family, Freedom, and for guidance to know what WE can do to protect our Nation and its inspired Constitution. Please join us. (Brian Halladay)
And so, on this day I will dedicate my family and home, in fasting and prayer, to the preservation of this nation in deep and abiding gratitude for this great nation built on the sacrifices of so many Americans. I plead with my Father in Heaven for the preservation of America, the preservation of the Republic and the preservation of the U.S. Constitution. I pray for the softening of the hearts of Barack Obama, his administration and the 111th Congress. I pray they come to understand the error of their ways and to truly began to understand the dangerous path which they have chosen. I pray that America may be fully restored without a single drop of blood shed. I pray that we may all unite in one purpose, with one heart: To restore the Constitution and the Republic and may do so with the full support of the American people.

And last, but in no way least, I pray for the loved ones left behind that they may find peace, happiness and be blessed abundantly.


Copyright 2009. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
In Memory of September 11th In Memory of September 11th Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, September 10, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.