Convention of Statesmen

ads

Invitation to my Blogger Friends: "Am I Not a Man? The Dred Scott Story" Book Launch Party

Utah's Attorney General Mark L. Shurtleff will be doing a reading and signing copies of his book, Am I Not a Man? The Dred Scott Story at his national book launch party Tuesday - November 3, 2009 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

"To him, the river sang. It intoned but one word, repeated with every ripple, and lap, and tide. One word that began with a gurgle far to the North, crescendoed through the heart of a nation, and climaxed in the Deep South with such force that no power on earth could hold it back. One word that bled from every pore. One word: FREEDOM!

"The "Father of Waters" sang, not with the splash of waves lapping against the levee, for the Mighty Mississippi was wide, and thick, and slow. It slid like a solid mass of glacial mud that had been moving toward the sea since before the Fall of Adam. It was ancient by the time Moses led the Children of Israel out of slavery in Egypt. No, its melody was something more profound and ancient, and it harmonized with something deep inside Dred, and filled his very being so that he was powerless to ignore it. He turned toward the river, closed his eyes, and whispered the song of the slave." (Am I Not a Man? The Dred Scott Story by Mark L. Shurtleff, SLC, UT, Valor Publishing Group, November 2009)

Barnes & Noble Booksellers
The Gateway
6 North Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
(801) 456-0100

Come mix and mingle with authors, readers, Utah's political scene and the press. It will be a night to remember. Light hors d'eurves and bottled water will be served.

Reading of "Cry for Freedom" Winning Entry
Reading by Mark L. Shurtleff
Booksigning by Mark L. Shurtleff
Q&A with Mark L. Shurtleff
Grand Prize Drawing

Please R.S.V.P. and let us know how many people will be coming with you.

I hope to see all Blogland friends in Utah there. Please put it on your calendars now, vote early that day and we'll see you at Barnes & Noble at The Gateway!

Candace E. Salima
President, Valor Publishing Group, LLC


Copyright 2009. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
Invitation to my Blogger Friends: "Am I Not a Man? The Dred Scott Story" Book Launch Party Invitation to my Blogger Friends: "Am I Not a Man? The Dred Scott Story" Book Launch Party Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 24, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.