Convention of Statesmen

ads

Obama's Socialized Medicine

"WASHINGTON -- Americans who refuse to buy affordable medical coverage could be hit with fines of more than $1,000 under a health care overhaul bill unveiled Thursday by key Senate Democrats looking to fulfill President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.

"The Congressional Budget Office estimated the fines will raise around $36 billion over 10 years. Senate aides said the penalties would be modeled on the approach taken by Massachusetts, which now imposes a fine of about $1,000 a year on individuals who refuse to get coverage. Under the federal legislation, families would pay higher penalties than individuals." (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/02/senate-democrats-trim-cost-health-care/)

Alvin and I were talking about this, this morning. Specifically using California as the example. Their economic structure is crumbling under the burden of illegals (more illegal immigrants in Cali than actual citizens now) and California’s welfare rolls, which overlap quite a bit. California brings in an obscene amount of money, thanks to Hollywood and the numerous massive moneymakers within the state. And still, they cannot withstand the burden of the example of what Obama is proposing with socialized medicine. The stunning and flagrant ignoring of the facts in favor of this insane utopia Obama in his head is frightening. If California cannot make it work, how on earth is the entire nation going to make it work.?There are, apparently, more "gimme, gimme, gimmes" then the "roll up your sleeves and get to work" crowd. How can we ever hope to make enough money to support the "gimme, gimme, gimmes"?

I remember the prophecies of the day the would come when the saints would be begging for the Savior’s return. I started begging Heavenly Father 3 to 5 years ago for the Savior's return as the news became more and more frightening, and human nature turned so ugly at far greater numbers than I ever could have imagined. And yet, I could not have anticipated the quickness with which America would be dismantled since January 20th. Many Americans truly cannot see what I fear, but sadly, they will see as the legislation being signed into law goes into effect within 18 to 20 months. Then, and only then, will they begin to see the error of their decisions and lack of interest in understanding the true dangers which will overwhelm us rather quickly.

However, and this I believe most firmly and with great amount of strength, Obama will not succeed. I truly believe that we, and those who stand with us, will fight this battle and we will win. America cannot fail, it is simply an unacceptable thought. This is the land of promise and while she may fall to her knees, the American spirit is unbeatable. Only 3% of Americans fought in the Revolutionary War and they beat back the mightiest nation in the world. Even if only 3% of us are actively involved in this fight, and I do believe it to be a far greater number, we will beat back the enemy within.

Become a 3%er, look within your hearts and resurrect that American spirit that has shown so brightly, that Revolutionary War determination to be free.

Recently, I have been accused of the vile of things, vile to me. As I have stood for what I believe the attacks have grown greater and greater. Even, oddly, coming from those who should know better. The assumptions of who I am and where I came from so hopelessly wrong, it's shocking to hear them. And yet, I have to laugh. Precisely who I came from is why I can laugh. Precisely because of my ancestors and my parents is why I am the woman I am.

I stand for truth.

I stand for righteousness.

I stand for God.

I stand for the unborn.

I stand for patriots past.

I stand for the Constitution.

I stand for America.

I am, and always will be, a fighter for God and America. No one, but no one, will ever make me ashamed of who I am, where I came from and what I have fought so hard to attain. So let's roll up our sleeves folks and take this nation back from those who do not deserve to live within her sacred and beautiful borders.
Obama's Socialized Medicine Obama's Socialized Medicine Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I, also, have been praying for the Saviour's return. Though I must admit it's not this issue that has me begging for His return, it's the thought of countless sweet little children being treated terribly by those who should care for them.


    If I lived in Utah, I'd vote for you if you ran, Candace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.