Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Pumpkin Bread

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is my homemade Lemon Meringue Pie and Pumpkin Bread. I know, it's an odd combination. Today I'm going to share my Pumpkin Bread recipe and next week my Lemon Meringue.

Pumpkin is very nutritious . . . probably not as nutritious once it's added to a pie or bread recipe . . . but still ... it has some nice nutritional benefits. I have to be honest, that's the last thing I'm thinking of when I slice off a piece of hot fresh pumpkin bread and slather it with butter. Mmmm, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. For some reason I'm craving my lemon pie and pumpkin bread more so than usual.

So get your mixing bowls, measuring spoons and cups and let's get busy. You're going to love this moist, flavorful addition to your Thanksgiving feast.

Pumpkin Bread

Preheat oven to 350°

Grease 3 loaf pans.

In a large bowl, mix until well blended:

1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin Puree
4 Eggs
1 C. Oil
b C. Water
3 C. Sugar

In a separate bowl, combine and whisk thoroughly:

3½ C. Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
1½ t. Salt
1 t. Cinnamon
1 t. Nutmeg
½ t. Cloves
¼ t. Ground Ginger

Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.

Slip into preheated oven and Bake for 50 Minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Pumpkin Bread Recipe: Pumpkin Bread Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 07, 2008 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.