Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Mexican Casserole

One of my all times favorite types of food is just about anything Mexican. I love Mexican food! So one day, I decided to make up my own recipe for Mexican Casserole. I'm not really fond of onions and those always seem to be in abundance in Mexican food. So that was the first thing to NOT include. However, if you enjoy onions, please feel free to add them to the recipe. I adore black olives, tomatoes, guacamole . . . yum, getting hungry here!

Here's what a came up with:

Mexican Casserole

Preheat oven to 375°

Heat 2 Large Cans of Refried Beans and set aside.

Brown 2 lbs. of lean Hamburger and season with 2 packets of your favorite taco seasoning, mine is Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, following the directions on the packet and set aside.

Shred 1 lb. Cheddar Cheese
Dice 3 Large Tomatoes
2 Cans of sliced Black Olives
2 Cans of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce

Layer the following, in order, in a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Corn Tortillas (Single layer)
Refried Beans
Hamburger
Tomatoes
Black Olives
Enchilada Sauce
Cheese

Repeat, ending up with tortillas, sauce and cheese on top.

Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and shredded lettuce.

Serve with corn tortilla chips, zesty lemonade and dig in!

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Mexican Casserole Recipe: Mexican Casserole Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, November 17, 2008 Rating: 5

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.