Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Waffles & Summer Berry Sauce

One of my absolute favorite breakfast meals is waffles. I love 'em! Covered in butter and Aunt Jemima's Butter Light Syrup, or swimming in a Summer Berry Sauce recipe I found in Texas years ago that I only altered slightly. Actually, the waffle recipe is from a cookbook from childhood. The newer editions do have my version, so that's the one I'm sharing here.

There's just something about delicious waffles with some eggs and bacon that just screams breakfast on the farm, which takes me back. Way back to some very fond memories.

So enjoy:

Waffles

Mix in bowl:

2 C. Flour
4 t. Baking Powder
½ t. Salt
1 T. Sugar

Separate:

2 eggs, dropping egg yolk into dry mixture and egg whites in separate bowl.

Add to dry mixture and eggs, the following:

1 ¾ C. Milk
½ C. Melted Butter
Beat until smooth.

Beat egg whites into peaks and fold into waffle batter.

Cook in a waffle iron, top with butter and syrup, or Summer Berry Sauce.

Summer Berry Sauce

In a sauce pan, add:

3 T. White Grape Juice or Orange Juice (depending on the fruit you use.)
3½ C. Mixed fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
2 to 3 T. Honey

Stir to well mixed and cover.

Combine in a small bowl:

1 T of Juice
2 t. Cornstarch
Stir to dissolve the cornstarch and set aside.

Bring fruit mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally for five minutes or until fruit is soft.

Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly for another minute or two until mixture is thickened and bubbly.

Serve warm over pancakes, french toast or waffles and top with real whip cream.

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Waffles & Summer Berry Sauce Recipe: Waffles & Summer Berry Sauce Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, September 05, 2008 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.