Convention of Statesmen

ads

Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge to the World

A good friend of mine forwarded this to me. Alvin and I are so excited to participate in this challenge and invite all of you to do the same. A gentleman by the name of Jake Anderson came with this marvelous idea. What a marvelous way to honor our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley and enrich our lives with the word of God at the same time.

Join us! The challenge begins today.


As most of you know, our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away at the age of 97. His funeral will be on Saturday, February 2nd.

I was thinking of how I could honor his legacy and I came up with an idea. My friend and I have created a challenge for those willing to accept it: Read the Book of Mormon in 97 days. We are trying to get everyone to start on the same day. Here are the details:

Go to www.hinckleychallenge.com and create an account (free, of course).

On Feb 4, 2008 (the Monday following the funeral) have an FHE lesson on the Book of Mormon and begin your reading.

Each day you read, record what page number you are on by going to www.hinckleychallenge.com.

We would like this challenge to be heard all around the world! Please forward this message to everyone you know. We would love to see over 1 million pages of the Book of Mormon read by the time this challenge has ended.

Do you want to show your support? Do you want to follow the prophet? Do you want to get rid of all of your excuses for not reading and become a warrior? Then join me in this challenge!

We are going to spread this throughout the news media (TV and radio) and we've already contacted Fox news, KSL, CBS, and ABC. But we cannot get the word out to everyone without your help! Please forward this on to EVERYONE in your address book. Time is of the essence!! This will be the one forwarded message that everyone will be happy to get.

--Join by clicking here--

-Jake Andersen

For those of you who would like to participate but don't have a copy of the Book of Mormon, you can get a free one right here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Get a Copy Here and a free one will be sent to you. Or, if you'd rather, you can read the Book of Mormon online.

How exciting! Let's get to work:

"I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days."

You take it from there . . .
Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge to the World Gordon B. Hinckley's Challenge to the World Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, February 04, 2008 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I loved this idea and signed right up, and then sent my hubby there later. From the time I signed up until he did, 3,000 people had been there. How awesome is that! I haven't checked their counter this morning, but it was in the high 7,000's last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up around 8:30 p.m. today.
    I was #16322. In the two minutes it took me to sign up and then click on the Warriors Accepting the Challenge link, 119 additional people had signed up. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.