Convention of Statesmen

ads

My Conversion Story

Yesterday I was checking the comments on my blogs and found one from a former Mormon who felt the need to spew his nonsensical garbage about me and someone else who'd made a comment and then topped it with a catty little slur against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I addressed that, pretty forcefully actually, but today, I wanted to mention the Church in a little more positive note. So I thought I'd include a little of what I wrote for LDSBlogs yesterday about my conversion story:

"I can scarcely remember a day when I didn't know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was true. For as long as I can remember I was a Mormon and proud of it. I descended from Moses Harris, who joined the Church in 1832 when Joseph Smith, Jr. was the prophet. My ancestors were driven from state to state, losing children, homes, lands and security to the mobs who carried their ungodly raids upon the innocent saints. They helped Brigham Young settle the American West and play a critical role in the settlement of San Bernardino, California as well.

Born into that rich, rich heritage it goes without saying that everything about the Mormon Church colored every aspect of my life. And yet there was always a familiarity in the scriptures, a familiarity in the doctrine and a ...[Read More]

My conversion and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ is strong and unassailable. I will never deny Him. I will never turn my back on His gospel. I will never kowtow to the defamers and attackers of my religion.

Other posts written at LDSBlogs.com yesterday:

The Culture of Christ
Spencer W. Kimball: Prophet, Seer and Revelator
Brigham Young: Prophet, Seer and Revelator
Joseph Smith, Jr.: Prophet of the Restoration
Temples of God
My Conversion Story My Conversion Story Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. Hi, sorry this is completely off topic but you mentioned you liked Robert Frost on my blog and I ended up looking for a site with his work. Just in case you didn't have the poem and were interested in reading it again!

    http://www.iment.com/maida/poetry/frost.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you -- I think it's a shame that some people spend their time cruising the Internet, looking for ways to stir people up about the Church. I had an anti-Mormon leave a comment on my blog about Sister Beck's talk, but I was already moderating my comments and deleted that one faster than a shopper at a 75% off sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, you make me happy! I'm glad to know that people like you exist. (Now singing Michael McClean's song: You're not alone . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was it Joseph Smith said? "They can leave the church, but they can't leave it alone." Sad, isn't it, that even in their railing against the prophet, they are fulfilling his prophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember, nothing can stop this work...... isn't that comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a convert to the church, what I always find amazing is that I knew this church was true before I found it. I knew exactly what I was looking for in a church by the time I was about 16, but I didn't know I church like this existed. I belived in prophets, but my former church obviously had none. I believed in eternal families, but that wasn't in my church doctrine. I believed in tithing, not passing around a collection plate to throw in 5 bucks and then have to meet with the minister later to sign an agreement and write a check for the "building fund". I just happened to go to church with a guy I was dating in high school and found this church. It was like coming home! I go through periods of being inactive, I'm going through such a time right now due to anxiety and other issues that pretty much make me avoid crowds - but I will never, ever lose my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. To be a member of the the true church of Jesus Christ is the biggest blessing in my life. How do you walk away from that? I'll never understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.