Convention of Statesmen

ads

2nd Post of Day - Yet Another Attack on Mormons

Yet another attack, albeit in March of this year, on the Mormon faith. I ran across this and continue to be horribly saddened by people, supposedly follower of Jesus Christ, constantly perpetuating falsehoods and lies. Here's what FAIR had to say about it.

Jesus Christ / Joseph Smith
Replies and resources addressing the
Search for the Truth DVD
A collaborative effort of FAIR.

"On 25 March 2007, a ninety-minute video entitled Search for the Truth was distributed to thousands of homes across the United States. The video has excellent production values but, unfortunately, its contents are not of a similar quality.

"Though it purports to be an objective Christian evaluation of the teachings, history, and beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it contains much that is inaccurate and very little that is balanced. Rather than focus on what they believe, the video's producers have taken it upon themselves to describe and interpret LDS beliefs and teachings, often in ways that would be objectionable or unrecognizable to Latter-day Saints.

"The video contains many of the same anti-Mormon claims that misguided critics have been repeating for years. The issues it raises have been repeatedly addressed by faithful Latter-day Saints, but the video does not address or take those responses into account.

"This page provides information that will help you compare the video's claims with the actual history, teachings, and beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."See the FAIR response to this video here: "Search for the Truth DVD FAIR Response"
2nd Post of Day - Yet Another Attack on Mormons 2nd Post of Day - Yet Another Attack on Mormons Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, November 26, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. This is sad. I'm pretty sure that our whole neighborhood was hit and they were really sneaky because they tried to make the DVD look as if it was produced by the church. They had pictures of Joseph Smith on there and made it look all professional. I immediately looked it up on the internet and threw the DVD away. What made it worse is these people actually hung the little bags with the DVDs on our doors while we were at church!
    I always think about what I've heard though, you know our church is true because people are working so hard against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle - I'm sorry your neighborhood got hit so hard. It's startling how virulent the attacks are on us. I always wondered why people can't just live and let live. We don't bash their churches and beliefs, I sure wish they wouldn't bash ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Rachelle has judged it without viewing it. Maybe these DVDs were distributed while Mormons were at church so that they had an opportunity to see it and judge it for themselves before officials of the church condemned it and made binning it an act of obedience and watching it an act of apostasy.

    No way of knowing if Candace viewed it but I have the impression you didn't. You sure don't seem to have your own views, preferring to let FAIR do your thinking.

    I just find this so sad. A robust faith can stand scrutiny. Clearly Mormonism is not as robust as Mormons would have us believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike4Tea - how quickly an anti-Mormon, or former Mormon such as your self, is quick to jump on the bandwagon and make unfounded accusations. I read your blog and grieved for your decisions but I ask you to leave off making comments on my blogspot. You do not have to believe as I believe, you certainly do not have to understand the depth to which I have studied the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Mormon Church (which is extensive by the way), but you do have to respect my right to worship and live my life as I believe to be proper.

    I am one who knows what I say I believe. I am one who has a firm and unassailable testimony of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. I am one who will stand still, at any time, and discuss with sincere heart and understanding in addressing any questions of the gospel asked by the sincere and humble in heart.

    What I will NOT do is address those who have left the Church and turned to vitrolic anti-Mormon rhetoric, bound and determined to save us from ourselves. We, as Latter-day Saints, reserve the right to worship according to the dictates of our consciences and, we allow the same for all others. But I will not allow you to come to my blog and spew your nonsense. Return again and I will block you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that when someone chooses to leave the church, they say they are thinking for themselves, and when someone chooses to follow church counsel, it is said that they are choosing to follow the herd, blindly. There's nothing blind about a decision to follow church counsel. There's nothing easy about it. It's a decision you make with your eyes wide open, knowing full well that you're in for challenges like you've never seen before.

    I have chosen to follow the advice of my church leaders because I believe it will bring me the most happiness, ultimately. I've reached this decision after numerous testimony building experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything. I don't have time in my life to watch a DVD that doesn't support a decision I made that is the most important of my life. It's not a matter of watching it to "find out for myself what it says" -- frankly, I don't care what it says. I have better things to do. I know where I stand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly, Tristi! I love reading blogs where people sound so much smarter than I do! You said exactly what I would say, but in a much better way!u

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.