Convention of Statesmen

ads

Plans Can Change

As I mentioned yesterday, things can change so fast! My mom and sister went home yesterday, and HipWriterMama, they get their allergy treatment from Dr. Greg Kofford (Freddom Square Chiropractic) in American Fork, Utah. He uses the N.A.E.T method I blogged about last month. Absolutely miraculous way to get rid of allergies.

Anyway, I already miss my mother. She is the most amazing woman in so many ways I cannot begin to count them. She knows everything . . . really. There has never been a question in my life that my mother could not answer or find the answer too. I'm not sure when "I" became the answer woman, but I couldn't be more proud to be taking after the tradition of my mother.

This morning, it's 5:30 in the a.m. right now, I'm taking Alvin to the airport. He's flying to L.A. to be with his sister when she is married. We couldn't afford for both of us to go, but I am so excited for him that he gets to be there for Nise.

After I drop him off at the airport I head up to Brigham City to pick up more copies of Out of the Shadows . . . Into the Light in preparation for our (Tristi, Shirley and me) booths at the Elsinore Boutique in Elsinore, UT (just south of Richfield.) (I'll be selling and signing copies of my books, beautiful picture frames and temple ornaments. Tristi will be selling and signing copies of her books along with her fantastic Scentiments product line. Shirley will be selling and signing copies of her books and other stellar products she and her husband produce.)

When I return from Brigham City, I have to head down to Springville to pick up Alvin's paycheck and get money in the bank so he has some cash for his trip. Then I have to swing by Spring Creek Book Co. and pick up more copies of Forged in the Refiner's Fire. As soon as I'm done there I have to head home, jump in the shower, get ready and go do a temple session with a friend of mine.

After that, I need to pick up yet ANOTHER copy of Emma and Joseph: Their Divine Mission by Gracia N. Jones. Gracia is a direct descendant of Emma and Joseph and the book is absolutely brilliant. I've lost two copies now (or else they got up and walked off in somebody's bag) so I'll be picking up a copy of that today to prepare for Sunday.

Saturday? Out the door at 6:30 a.m. Pick up Tristi and off we go to Elsinore. Oh yeah, set the t.v. to record BYU's football game (I may go into withdrawals.) We'll be there from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at which point we will quickly pack up and head out.

Then its home to prepare for the fireside I'm giving in Las Vegas on Sunday night for the Silverstone Ward, Tule Springs Stake. I'm speaking on Emma Smith: Elect Lady So Misunderstood.

I'm up at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning and off to Las Vegas -- so, in case you haven't guessed, I won't be blogging until Monday. I hope that I'm still alive and kickin' at that point and not comatose, face down on my bed.

So I'm off . . . I have my BYU Idaho sweatshirt on and out into that dark night I go.

Hey? Did I mention that one of my missionary sons, who is currently attending BYU Idaho, is moving to Provo in January? I'm so excited!

LDSBlog posts written since yesterday morning:

The Word of Wisdom
The Great Apostasy
The Restoration of Priesthood Authority
Life as a Mormon
The Role of Mormon Women
Gordon B. Hinckley, Living Prophet of God
Plans Can Change Plans Can Change Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, October 19, 2007 Rating: 5

7 comments:

  1. Wow...busy lady. Better keep on your running shoes :-) Hope all goes as planned.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - thanks. I'm just checking in before I head out again. Thought I'd answer any comments posted. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. candace:
    do you live in utah? which city? send me an email (in my profile) if you would prefer to answer there. i will be traveling from alaska to provo/orem a few times over the next few months, so i am wondering how close you are. happy saturday and thanks for posting the "life as a mormon." i tried to comment, wrote you this long couple of paragraphs and then the computer ate my words and didn't let me comment. uggh, i don't like that when that happens. just wanted you to know you did a good job there, you struck a good chord with me, and i KNOW my life is better and more fun and more peaceful since i chose God and this church in may 2005, the turning point of my life. if you ever want to read my conversion story (so grateful for this all), i posted it in my 21apr2007 post. blessings, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Sounds like YOU'RE the girl in the whirl this weekend Candace! I hope it make it everywhere you need to be WHEN you need to be and all is well with you this weekend. Have a great time - you'll be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I read this post knowing that you got rescheduled... but I wanted to say that when we lived in Vegas, we lived in the Tule Springs Stake... cool, huh?! Glad that you go the opportunity to revisit your topic before having to do the fireside! Answered prayers, huh?! Enjoy re-reading the books.... (I have not made it through Emma and Joseph -- I always fall asleep).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, I live in Utah Valley.

    Ali - yeah, it felt like a whirl, thank goodness Vegas was postponed. I'm so excited to give my fireside about Emma Smith, but I was pushed to the point of complete exhaustion by Saturday night.

    Carrie - very cool. I'm looking forward to going down there and doing my fireside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Candace. I'll have to look into this and see if a doctor who does that around here.

    Glad you had fun with your mother and sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.