Convention of Statesmen

ads

Marie is Fine

As everyone saw on Monday night, Marie passed out as she was awaiting the comments from the Dancing With the Stars judges. Then, of course, it was played over and over on every station. Just to let everyone know, she's doing fine.

I've faithfully watched the show every week to support my dear friend. I've been so pleased at the level of skill she is gaining on a weekly basis. I couldn't be prouder of her. I've loved watching her dance and excel at something she is working so hard at.

According to Reuters:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Marie Osmond, a member of the singing Osmond family, was "feeling fine" on Tuesday after fainting the night before during an appearance on the ABC television show "Dancing with the Stars," her spokeswoman said.
I haven't spoken with her but know she's doing great. Knowing her as I do, I'm certain she has driven herself beyond her capabilities and is burning strictly on energy. It's just the way she is . . . a fierce competitor, allowing nothing to stand in the way of the prize. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best for her.

My other favorite on the show is Jane Seymour. Wow, she is grace and elegance personified. I absolutely love watching her dance. I fear the winner of the show will be the Cheetah Girl, Sabrina. I can't say I care much for her, there's just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. But even I have to admit the girl can dance. Another celebrity I'm pulling for is Jenny Garth - I love the routines Derek's been coming up with and Jenny just sparkles.

Thats the thing that amazes me, week after week, is the originality of every routine the professional dancers come up with. To choreograph something different is quite astounding in its level of difficulty and beauty. Then to have to teach it to celebrities who haven't spent a lifetime mastering ballroom skills . . . I admit it, I love this show.

I'm headed back to bed because I've got a terrible cold. In the meantime, keep tuning in to Dancing with the Stars and voting for my friend . . .

Have a great day!
Marie is Fine Marie is Fine Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 Rating: 5

12 comments:

  1. One thing about choreography- you let the music "speak" to you. Then the dance becomes what it wants to be. Sometimes, though, I am amazed because the songs that are chosen are really not well suited to the dance, like JulieAnn's dance last week. Terrible song for the dance, but still a great dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so shocked and worried when Marie fell. And then it seemed the commercials took forever which made us think something was really wrong. I was so happy to see her back up and kidding around. She's really be amazing. I love Jane too. So elegant and what a body! I still love Helio. I thought the judges were a little hard on them this week though. I'm loving the show.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra - I'm surprised by the songs they choose as well. Thanks for the insight on the choreography.

    Kat - I was really worried too, but she seems to be doing okay right now. At least, last I heard.

    Love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this show last year, but I have to work at night, so I keep missing it. I'll have to check ABC's website to see if they're showing it after it airs. I'm in awe of anyone who can dance like that. Heck, I'm in awe of anyone who can chew gum and walk at the same time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for the update. It's great to have supporters rooting and cheerleading for ya. I am sure Marie loves that about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindi - I think you can watch any ABC show and catch it. On Friday I'll be posting all of Marie's dances. And yeah, I'm with you. I'm in awe of how well these celebrities are learning ballroom dancing and in awe of the professionals' ability to teach them.

    Ajoy - She's pretty busy right now with the show, concerts and QVC promotions. But, I'm proud of how she's doing and looking forward to seeing her take home the prize. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Dancing With the Stars and was so shocked when Marie fell on Monday. I'm so glad she's okay, but what a scare!!!

    GO MARIE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tami - yeah, it scared me too. My heart was in my throat. But when she mentioned what happened after the commercial, I remembered that happening before and I calmed down. Man, it is so bad to see a friend fall and to be so far away you can do nothing to help but pray. Thanks goodness we have that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that just as bad as fainting is the fact that they've replayed it so many times. I'm sure it was embarrassing enough without having it rubbed in her face over and over again!

    I was pretty scared too -- I didn't know that was a common thing for her. I was so relieved to see her up -- and it cracked me up to see how tightly Jonathan had her around the waist while they were interviewing her. He wasn't going to let that happen again! I was really touched by how worried he looked about her. He's such a sweetie.

    Thanks for the update -- I hope she does what Jennie did and goes out there, dances her heart out, and shows everybody what she's really made of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was touched by Jonathan's solicitousness as well. He's been a fantastic partner for Marie.

    I hope she's does the same thing. Check out my blog tomorrow-it'll show all of Marie's dances through the show up until now. Watching them that way, I could really see the tremendous progress on a weekly basis in addition to the fact that she wasn't feeling well Monday night when she danced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad your friend marie is okay.

    hope you are feeling non-sicky very quickly, candace. take good care, get under the homemade patchwork quilt and snuggle up with soup and a book, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.