Convention of Statesmen

ads
From W.L. Elliot's blog Interrugnum I found this creed composed and written so beautifully it made me wonder why I don't have one.

If I can create one king as noble and great as High King Peter of Narnia, if I can speak with one voice as beloved as Masterharper Robinton of the Harper Hall, if I can give one person a place to escape that is as safe and as dear as the Hundred Acre wood, then I will be complete as an author, and I will have fulfilled my one great goal in writing.

Then I dropped by Rosehaven Cottage for a little visit and found they had created a beautiful award for rewarding excellence in blogging. That's a fun blog, by the way. Today they took me back to my childhood when Prince of Orange and Snow Kitty ruled our home. Man, those were the days and the only time this dog person liked cats.

No, I wasn't given this award . . . they have no idea who I am.

But again, I thought to myself, there are so many of these awards running around and my heart is warmed a little every single time I received one. I like knowing that my blog inspires, helps, amuses . . . whatever is gained from my thoughts.

Then I remembered that Kathleen over at So Grateful to be Mormon awarded me the You Make Me Smile award. I hadn't passed that on to anyone yet. How terribly remiss of me. So I'm passing this on to Dawn over at Because I Said So she richly deserves this one. Comical Captions has definitely earned it as well. Janette Rallison with one of the wittiest senses of humor around definitely deserves this. And last, but certainly not least . . . Tristi Pinkston, the LDS Storymakers Conference Fairy with her incredibly wry sense of humor is also awarded the You Make Me Smile award. Tristi, we still need that CD of your conference hits.

I think you can probably guess where I'm headed with this. Why haven't I ever created an seriously rockin' lookin' award to bestow upon those blogs that make me happy, ponder, effect change, etc. I mean, I know I highlight one every week, but I need a picture to award. Yes, I'll be calling my brother Cash today and asking him to design me something REALLY COOL!

And when I was driving home from Beaver the other day, where I found a distant cousin in the group I was speaking to (I mentioned my great-great-great grandfather Moses Harris and found out her great-grandmother and my great-great-grandfather were brother and sister) I was listening to the Glenn Beck Show (which I believe I've mentioned) and decided I want my own really cool theme song. So I'm going to call my sister and ask her to compose me a stylin' song. Hmmm, she's the mother of five active children. That may take awhile. You think I could get Merrill Osmond to do it? Nah. Sheesh, talk about busy. Okay, I'm going to have to work on that one because I have the musical capabilities of a gnat!

Okay, so to summarize:

I need to come up with a creed. Check.

I need to come up with an award. Check.

I need a theme song. Check.

And it is distinctly possible I need therapy.
Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 Rating: 5

13 comments:

  1. By the way, thanks for posting your summaries of the political candidates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I enjoyed this post. It is true, those people that bring just that little bit of joy into our lives are worth recognizing. We couldn't get through life without them (at least I know I couldn't!)

    I appreciate your blog! Ever since I found it I have been inspired, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a creed. And I think we all need therapy!

    Your blog often makes me smile and it always makes me think, and I appreciate that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marne - Thanks. Feels good to inspire as I have been inspired.

    Holly - lol. Yeah, I've been racking my brains trying to come with a creed as cool as W.L. Elliott's but I'm falling short right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Candace!!

    You know what -- I think I have something I'm supposed to pass on, too. If my brain weren't attached to my head, I'm sure I would have lost it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Candace.. receiving your award made me smile today. It's been a horrible day up until now. Maybe this little ray of sunshine will turn it all around.

    Comical-captions.blogspot.com REALLY appreciates you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, once again I'm behind on my blog reading. It seems lately I just can't catch up. I think the problem is that I've found just too many good blogs and I'm trying (!) to read them all. Why, oh why do I keep adding to my list instead of giving a few up? Oh well! I just wanted you to know that I haven't abandoned you. I've enjoyed "catching up" this afternoon.

    BTW, didn't Marie do a fantastic job the other night? Oh.My.Word! She looked beautiful and she danced amazingly well. I was so thrilled for her and I know you were too.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, we do know who you are Candace ever since you dropped by and wished me a Happy Birthday. Thank you so much for featuring our award on your lovely blog! And if your brother can't design up an award to your liking, I'd be happy to take a stab at it just for a new friend. Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww thank you, Candace! That's so sweet especially coming from a real writer like yourself (who has an awesome blog, I might add)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tristi - don't you hate when you start losing track of your brain!

    iZing - I hope that it made your day better. Every time I hit your comical captions blog I always end up giggling. Although the horror of that wedding dress yesterday is still burned in my brain.

    Kat - believe me, I understand. I have too many blogs I love to visit too.

    And yes, Marie did a fabulous job last night. I hope she just improves with every single performance.

    Cindy - thanks. Go ahead and create something for me, my brother is too busy with his new job. I love the work you do! You are so talented.

    Dawn - thanks for dropping by. I know you're swamped all the time with your children and all the pokemon attention. Your blog always brings a grin to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the award Candace--one day I hope to be a techno blog goddess like you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No problem, Janette. You deserve it. Techno blog goddess? Hmmmm, I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.