Convention of Statesmen

ads

Take THAT Comcast, Dish and Direct TV - See Today's Actual Post Below

The Deseret News reported this story today! HALLELUJAH!

OREM — Need a way around no cable or dish hookups to see BYU and Utah? Provo's Brady Whittingham, younger brother of Utah coach Kyle Whittingham, has purchased a dollar movie theater near Costco and University Mall in Orem and will put the BYU-Tulsa game on the big screen live for free.

"Our plan is to remain a dollar theater, while dedicating two screens to independent films," said Brady Whittingham. "In addition, we will be regularly showing BYU, Utah, Jazz, NFL and other miscellaneous sporting events throughout the year. Admission to television, cable and satellite broadcast events will be free so as to not violate any broadcast/copyright laws."

The theater is located at Festival Cinemas, 959 S. 700 East, Orem.

"This weekend as we celebrate our grand opening, we will be showing the Utah/UCLA game at 3 p.m. and the BYU/Tulsa game at 7 p.m. in the largest of our four theaters. Beginning at noon and continuing through kickoff of the BYU game, our parking lot will be converted to a tailgate lot, with lots of prizes and giveaways from our sponsors. In addition to hundreds of balls, T-shirts, hats, game tickets and other BYU and Utah gear, there will be a raffle for two row six lower bowl tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana show in the EnergySolutions Arena on Oct. 27."

Concessions will be available both in the cinema lobby and in the tailgate lot.

OH YEAH! Snoopy dance. Snoopy dance. Snoopy dance.

I am so there!

Oh yeah, uh huh, Go Cougars!

Yes, I am actually dancing as I type. I AM SO HAPPY!

Take THAT Comcast, Dish and Direct TV - See Today's Actual Post Below Take THAT Comcast, Dish and Direct TV - See Today's Actual Post Below Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, September 14, 2007 Rating: 5

14 comments:

  1. That is sooo cool! I wish we loved close enough. What a party! I can't believe that he's doing that...it's perfect. Enjoy for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Almost makes me wish I liked watching the game :-) Not that I have anything against football, or any other tough sport. I just have a hard time with my stomach, which gets more sick with tension than I can stand. Plus, I cheer too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dance, indeed! How very cool. And I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tristi, Gaynell, Anne and Kris,

    Yes, it is a red letter day for me. I've been so unhappy with the stranglehold Comcast has with Mountain Conference games. So I salute Brady Whittingham! Comcast - those gravy suckin' pigs (to quote my husband who is quoting Steve Martin.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that theater very well! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brad has remodeled the theater so I can't wait to see what has been upgraded. Alvin and I are going to go see the game. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi candace:
    your snoopy dance made me giggle! thanks for the laugh.

    happy friday to you and alvin.
    hope you guys are doing well this week, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it made you laugh, Kathleen. Now if you only could have seen me doing it? Thank goodness there are no video cameras in our household. That would be humiliation brought to the greatest level of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a huge theater go out of business, then reopen a year or so later as a dollar movie place. What a great deal. It goes up to $1.50 on weekends and we're able to catch up on a lot of movies that way. So much better than the $8.95 they usually charge. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with you there. Funds are tight at my house because of my husband's kidney failure so dollar movies are the reason we get to see movies. I'm excited to see how Brady has had the theater remodeled. I have to ship several books this morning, so I thought I'd drop by the theater and see if there are signs of the upcoming festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to hear about that! My husband will be thrilled. He's been on the phone with dish for weeks now trying to get all the game channels he wanted! Thanks!!

    Go Mighty Cougars!- Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went last night and it was a total blast. It's an exciting game atmosphere with the bathrooms two seconds away, concessions three seconds away and an excited crowd. I recommend it for one and all who don't have Comcast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for letting me come with you guys iy was a BLAST man o man I hate Comcast 15 K is what the want from Brady to show the game next Week that is BS.


    GO BYU

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.