Convention of Statesmen

ads

My Hand Says All That?

Before we get into the what my hand says, take a look at this picture. Doesn't it make your heart sigh and your spirit sing?

Be sure and scroll down to the Highlighted Blog of the Week in the right hand column. I think you'll enjoy this new feature of my blog.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. It's nice to know the construction of my hand means so much.

What Your Hands Say About You

You are logical, analytical, and rational. You have good verbal skills.

Idealistic and dreamy, you tend toward the impractical. You have a knack for getting yourself in sticky situations.

Consistent and reliable, you like to count on structure and routine in your life.

Your emotions tend to be relaxed and uncomplicated. You don't read too much into things.



I don't know about that last part. Give me several nights and days with no sleep, living on caffeine and junk food and I can party with the greatest conspiracy theorists in the world.

All that aside, this is what my hands say to me.
  • I work inside. (The condition of my wrists tell me I'm a writer.)
  • My fingernails show that I could stand to be more faithful with my vitamins and supplements.
  • My cuticles show that Blistex NEVER should have stopped making Trittles lotion. I am still on a quest today for a hand lotion that will return my cuticles to their former glory.
  • My fingers show that I could have a killer spread on the piano keyboard if I'd stuck to my concert pianist goals.
  • My palm shows that I'm a little careless with a knife when cutting vegetables. (Tip: Never, no matter how distracted you are, try to remove the pit from an avocado with your palm directly beneath the avocado. Oh yeah, that hurt!)
What I hope that my hands show is:
  • I love to write.
  • I love to cook.
  • I miss the way my hands used to look, but then I could say the same about my body.
  • My hands and arms are perfect for holding precious nephews and nieces close to my heart.
  • and, that I am never to busy to help someone in need.
My Hand Says All That? My Hand Says All That? Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, August 09, 2007 Rating: 5

10 comments:

  1. This was a cool entry. I love to write too, and the list you put at the bottom is what I'd love my hands to say too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by, Sniz. Hands are pretty amazing things. I know they say eyes are windows to the soul, which is true. But, boy do hands tell alot about you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Hands are an amazing part of our bodies. When I stop and think of all they do for me, it's awe inspiring. Really, when we look at our entire bodies, it's incredible. How can there be people out there that are unbelievers?! Mind boggling!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to comment on that photo. It's absolutely beautiful. I'd love to just crawl into my monitor and sit there a while.

    I'd love to know what my hands say about me. I think you're right - our hands say a lot about us - I know mine say I'm a homemaker at heart. I love what yours say about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say, amen and call it good? Loved the picture, love what your hands say about you, but especially what you think your hands say about you. It truly is amazing what our hands both say and do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen & Barb

    I know what you mean about the picture. It really speaks to you doesn't it and makes you want to be there at that moment in that place.

    Hands speak to us all.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tip for getting the pit out of an avacado -- slice in half and then pinch the half with the pit in it. That puppy will pop right out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, that's the tried and true method. Unfortunately I'd been watching this chef on t.v. -- that'll teach me to watch t.v.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.